Thursday, March 08, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionnaire

I had so much fun with Secret Pal 9, I decided to do it again. So... here's this round's questionnaire:

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like natural fibers (don't we all) with a special love for alpaca. I like to look at novelty yarns, but they are such a pain in the arse to work with.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have this yarn tote that I take to work. My New Year's Resolution was to organize all my supplies. I have the tools, just haven't gotten around to actually doing it.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been crocheting for over 6 years. I taught myself from a book, although I recently learned I've been doing everything wrong. :-P I would consider myself an intermediate crocheter.

I have been knitting for about 20 hours at the time of this post. :-)

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, I finally broke down and made a wish list at Amazon. There's a button over on the right side of this blog.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I love sandalwood. I also like light floral scents and citrus scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

I have a major sweet tooth. I love chocolate, in nearly every form.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I want to learn to spin. I have a drop spindle. I want to learn to weave. But, I do not do any other crafts. I'm actually very untalented.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like all types of music. I really love small indie bands. My favorite bands are the Beatles and Aqualung. I also listen to classical, opera, trance/electronica, bluegrass.... umm, everything. My computer and my stereo both play mp3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love color in general. My favorite color is pink, in every gaudy shade it can come in. I also like green, blue, black, and white. There really isn't a color that I don't like. I don't wear or use yellow or orange much, but I still like them.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm married. My husband is an occasional knitter. We have three cats, and are thinking very hard about adding a kid to the mix.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

This winter I have come to love crocheting hats. It's quick, small enough to keep in my purse, and everyone seems to love homemade hats.

13. What are you knitting right now?

I'm working on the Goddess-forsaken-tote-bag-from-Hades for my hubby. I also have to make another skully potholder for a friend. And I am working on an afghan for my dad, and somewhere I have a sweater that I started for one of my nephews. Ummm... not much.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Of course!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I don't have a preference for needles yet, although I am teaching myself on bamboo. I use aluminum hooks to crochet, I don't care much for plastic (except when I am using the jumbo Q and S hooks!). I want to get more bamboo hooks. I only have a bamboo G hook, whick I received from my SP9 pal!

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

I wish....

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Well, I've been crocheting for over 6 years, so... ummm... 6 years?

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween/Samhain. And Festivus. :-)

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Children's books. Actually, books in general. Mirrors in interesting frames. Dust bunnies. My clothes collect cat fur.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I would like Stitch and Bitch Nation (might as well complete the set!). I love all yarn, so it's hard to say that I would like a specific type. I would like to try some of the soy yarn. I am looking for a crocheted pattern for a christening gown that would allow me to incorporate various symbols into the skirt portion. I think that I'm going to have to design my own, though.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Knitting

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

Nope, but my husband is. Well, he's made one pair of socks. I would like to learn as soon as I figure out this knitting thing in general. I wear a size 9 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

May 11th!

I can't wait to start! I can't wait to get my match! I already have some wonderful ideas for gifts!!

No comments: