Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Landscaping

I posted about this on my other blog, but I know that some people don't read that one, so I'll post about it here.

I've been doing a lot of yard work lately. OK, I only watched as my tree was cut down, but it seemed like a tough job. And I put a pond in Monday. It's only a 30-gallon pond, but it quite a bit of time to work on it. I had to remove about 50 daffodils, move about 20 or so rocks, tear up a bunch of creeping Charlie and dandelions, dig a hole, and plant a bunch of flowers. I am still sore. I still have some dirt under my nails (I refuse to wear gardening gloves, I love digging in the dirt and actually feeling it in my hands. Have I mentioned that I am an earth sign?)

And here is what it looks like:



I really need to get a new camera that will take better pics. It was also dusk when I took the picture, and the house was between me and the setting sun. I chose rocks to put around it that had interesting shapes so they would form some fun little hiding places for the wild critters that hang out in my yard. The large rock in the back is going to be an altar/place-to-leave-offerings. I still need to put in a border and maybe some mulch.

I have so much work left to do on the yard, front and back. It is my goal to have flowers from early spring to late fall. Right now, I have the daffodils, day lilies, tulips, a rhododendron, a star magnolia, an apple tree, hostas, peonies, salvia, I think some kind of delphinium, and a bunch of other things that I don't know the name of. Maybe I'll take pictures of the stuff I can't identify and post them here. Maybe someone out in the ether can help me!

OK, that's all for now. I will be posting again later this week. I need to get some pictures for the new contest my SP10 hostessing is having.

TTFN!

1 comment:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Hey, that looks really cool! Nice job. By the time we move back it should be in full bloom. ;)