Sunday, July 15, 2007

Angels and organization

Taking a short break from a massive cleaning/organizing blitz. I have filled 3 12-gallon bins and 8 rather large drawers of 3 storage organizers. With yarn. The bins are filled with acrylic (and there is still more to organize!). I haven't separated them into colors or types. They are my lap-blanket and oh-my-god-the-baby-shower-is-this-weekend-and-I-completely-forgot-better-whip-up-a-
generic-baby-blanket yarns. I have had a couple of large donations. Most notably, 5 trash bags filled of yarn that a coworker gave me after sorting through his mother's house before they sold it. Some of it was pretty nice. A lot of it was hideous. A lot of it was thread. Size 10. Filled up all three drawers of one of those organizers. Anyone out there make doilies? And really like white or ecru?

I have put some of it to use. I made this little angel for my godfather's mother:



My mother and Greg were incredibly impressed that I made this with my own two hands. I don't think it's that spectacular, but they liked it a lot. You'd think that everything I ever did before was crap the way they kept carrying on. :-)

I'm also working on a filet crochet altar cloth. I've come up with a pattern for the phases of the moon Goddess symbol, which I am going to repeat around the edges, with the outstretched-arms Goddess symbol in the center. Like the one from the tarot bag. I really want to play and experiment on it NOW, but I have more important things to work on.

Such as the booth I will be having at Pagan Pride Day. I will be selling some of my handmade goodies there. I know that I will have a plethora of washcloths, and probably some tarot bags. I'm also thinking of making some felted bowls, in elemental colors. They would look cute on an altar. If I still have time after all of that, I will then work on the altar cloth, see how fast I can work that up, and maybe make one or two of those. They would cost far more than some of the other stuff I make. This designing your own patterns thing, then having stuff that needs blocking, is hard work. :-)

OK, I need to get back to cleaning. I can't stay up too late. Have to go to work tomorrow. I haven't been there since Tuesday, I'm sure they all miss me. Of course, I'm only working 2 days, then taking another week off to go camping! Yay, camping!

No comments: