Sunday, April 01, 2007

An idea...

I'm thinking of making my own Etsy shop. Not because I'm a joiner and everyone else seems to have one. Well, not only. :-)

There are all sorts of knitters and crocheters on there that make dishcloths and totes. I wouldn't want to be just another one of dozens. Mine would have a different angle. I would make them from organic and recycled fibers. Market them as eco-friendly. Try to sell them to the hippy-Pagan population.

This is actually something that I care deeply about. I make my own dishcloths and I have a few grocery bags that I have made. I think I might even try to make some with some Pagan and hippy symbols incorporated. Maybe a pentacle potholder. Grocery bag with a peace symbol. OK, now I'm getting complicated and ahead of myself.

I'm still sick. It's the hubby's birthday. I feel bad because I don't want to do anything more involved than sit on the couch. I'm actually getting tired from sitting here at the computer. I think I'm going to go take a bath, see if I feel any better. If not, I'll stay home and feel like crap. If I do, maybe I could at least get the energy to go out for lunch with Greg.

Later!

1 comment:

MollyKnits said...

Sly and I are going to open and Etsy shop. "Airhead and Knitwit" (guess who is who). We are going to have airbrushed bags, needle rolls, hand sewn bags (I have fabric I think Greg would like), and polymer clay stitch markers (glow in the dark aliens, skulls, and tribal mask). Go for it!