Friday, February 23, 2007

A tad distracted

I keep meaning to update you all on my crocheting adventures, but I've been a little scatter-brained. My dad's most recent doctor's appointment shows that the cancer might be growing again. The mass in his lung looks like it might have grown (or it may be scar tissue) and he has smaller "nodules" throughout the same lung.

So he's back on chemo, and the doctors say that it's mainly to maintain his quality of life. Radiation and surgery are not options. When the chemo starts to make him too sick, he'll come off. If it starts to grow again, he might not go back on.

I had to go today to plan for his cremation. He and my mother are not married, so I am his next of kin. He can't afford the funeral expenses, so I told him that Greg and I would handle it. Since he lost his job, he has lost his benefits and his life insurance.

I'm going to try to start posting more regularly. I'm still looking for a good "Christening" gown pattern that is appropriate for a boy or girl and can be adapted to incorporate a few symbols of both Greg's and my faith. If anyone has some ideas, please let me know!

I need to get going, have to work the back half of a shift tonight. Too tired... grrrr...

4 comments:

Mauren Mureaux said...

Ya know, i've got the time...i'll start hunting around online and see what i can come up with.

How are Greg's kilt hose coming along?? Can we got a progress pic on those? ;)

~Suz~

Unknown said...

If he gets the program for the camera back up, I will definitely take pics of his hose... ;-)

MollyKnits said...

Sorry to hear about your dad.

I could really help you with that whole gown thing, but my scanner is not working at the moment.

Nicole said...

Sorry to hear about your dad. I cross my fingers that he will be better soon and that the chemo will helps him.

Hugs,
Nicole