Friday, February 09, 2007

No innerwebz for me

My husband broke our computer. He claims he was "upgrading", but the result is no computer. We have a laptop, but it doesn't seem to like being hooked up to the cable modem, so I am limited to internet acccess. Right now, I am sitting in Panera Bread, using their free online. After paying what I did for the soup, sandwich, and mocha... I'm not sure how "free" it is.

So, I won't be getting on very much until the home computer is fixed. T his is very difficult for me. I am usually online nearly every day, even if it's just for a minute or two to check my mail. I have 2 blogs that I post fairly frequently to, and 4 email accounts. Plus, tons of friends that don't live close enough for me to see on a regular basis. How else am I supposed to see how they are doing?

In other news, my package arrived in Germany. My pal seems pretty happy with the gifts. Her kitties seem very, very happy with the toys. I signed up for SP10. I'm hoping to actually knit something for my next pal. We will see.

Also, I got my new washer and dryer today. It's not the Kenmore. It's a really nice Maytag set. And I had to get white. Because they had the floor models for a couple of hundred bucks cheaper and could deliver today. Which meant one less trip to the laundromat for me. But I'm ectstatic. There is supposed to be drumming tonight, but I might just stay home and do laundry.

Finally, I am entering our church's chili cook-off (which is Sunday, for those who are close enough to stop by). I've already made the chili, and the hubby says it's the best I've ever made. Just hot enough to be spicy, enough flavor to be yummy. I have a tad more tinkering to do with it (I think it needs more meat, hubby says he thinks it needs more tomatoes), but I am letting it sit in the fridge for a couple of days to make it taste better. I will be posting the recipe (as soon as I remember all of it) later on, whether I win or not. I'm calling it Brigid's Sacred Imbolc Chili. I figure, it's red,(an Imbolc color) it's hot (and Brigid was the keeper of the sacred flame, if I remember correctly, as well as patron of smithies), the ingredients I have put into it are in threes (including red, white, and black beans), and it will be served with sour cream (dairy for Imbolc). And it has Guinness in it. Which is Irish.

So, wish me tons of luck at the cook-off. It's not a fair competition, and there is lots of cheating... but, it's fun nonetheless.

Take care, all. See ya when I see ya!

No comments: