Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Lots and lots of pics (in no particular order)

I tried to post some of this last week. But there was some error with Blogger, and everything was lost. So, I gave up and decided to try again later. This is now later. :-)

The first pic is of the skirt I was working on this summer. I got the pattern from the SnB: Happy Hooker book. I don't think it turned out too badly. I would definitely recommend using cotton. Lion's Microspun is a PITA to work with. I don't know what I'm going to wear with it. I might have to make a tank top. :-)


Here is the felted purse I made for my Secret Pal. I'm so proud of myself. It's an easy pattern, but I designed it myself. And I am so glad the felting thing worked! I've had quite a few compliments on it from coworkers. I just hope that my Secret Pal liked it, too!


And these are some dishcloths I have finished. I started carrying small balls of cotton yarn in my purse to work on these while waiting or riding as a passenger anywhere.



Morganna didn't want to pass up a photo opportunity. Cats and crocheting just seem to go together!


I made this hat and the following blanket for my cousin. She is having a baby girl in November, and I saw this patten in the Happy Hooker book (it's the bestest book ever!) and thought it would suit her tastes perfectly. It reminds me of Neopolitan ice cream. Cat is not included.



And since I never got around to posting it: Here are the goodies from my One Skein Secret Pal! I love the blank book. The little flowers and the butterfly aren't actually on the cover. Those are little extras she sent with. I think I might use it as a scrapbok for the Sabbat rituals I perform at church.


Morganna loves the little purse as much as I do. You would think there was catnip or something it it. The truth is that she just loves to rub against yarn... when she's not busy squishing it.


And I love this card. I think I am going to frame it and hang it in my meditation room, as soon as it's finished. In front of it is a lovely little sculpture. It looks like a group of people helping each other up. It's going on my altar. It makes me think of a well-run coven. :-)


I almost forgot. Here's a little hat I made for some friends who are expecting a baby any day now. They are having a little boy, and Dad used to be in the Marines. I'm working on a pair of matching booties, using the easiest booties in the world pattern.


Well, I hope I have made all two of my readers happy! I now need to go and do some laundry and then maybe pop in a video and work on my current WIPs. Later!

4 comments:

A 30-something femme createrix said...

Yay :) I'm glad you liked the stuff I sent you Secret Pal!

I love your baby hats - sooo friggin' adorable! If only my son were little enough and patient enough to wear something so cute :P

Unknown said...

Thanks again!

I have a 5 year old nephew who loves hats. He just doesn't want to actually wear them. You're lucky to live in CA, where it doesn't usually get so cold that one needs a warm hat. Although, it did snow in 29 palms when I lived there as a kid. :-)

MollyKnits said...

wow, you have been busy! Nice to see pics.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You went all posty one day and apparently i went all slacker reader when you did it.

Nice looking collection of items, you've really been busy. I just love the skirt, it really turned out well. Nice job!

You're one up on me, i've yet to felt anything! You're such a cool chick!

~Suz~