Saturday, June 17, 2006

Yarn-love

What's this? A post? Actually related to crocheting and yarn? Who took over this blog????

I thought I would let you all see how the skirt is progressing. It's not fantastic, but this is the first time I have made something like this. Moving out of the baby blankets and scarves routine. I'm actually thinking of entering it into the county fair. I don't think I have a chance in hell of actually winning, but I will get free tickets to the fair.


I have maybe 10 more rows of the shell pattern to finish, then the draw string. My biggest fear is that it's going to look like utter crap on me. But, it was an experience.

And looky here:


This is the yarn I got from my One Skein Secret Pal. It's a thick, chunky, green alpaca and it is so very soft. I have no idea what I'm going to make with it. I keep thinking of making a hat for my dad for this coming winter. I doubt his hair will grow back for quite a while. He's starting to lose his facial hair as well. This is warm and would make a wonderfully cozy hat for a bald head.

I had a picture of the yarn I bought for my assigned pal, but it got deleted and I'm not really great with the blogger format, so I'm not going to try to repost. I will tell you about it. It's a very soft, light-weight cotton/merino blend (by Sierra) in white. My pal said she was looking for a soft cotton for summer-weight items, and she likes to dye yarns. The ladies at the LYS say this yarn dyes very well.

OK, I have to go finish laundry, and then watch TV and work on my skirt. Later everyone!

1 comment:

MollyKnits said...

mmmm, soft, fuzzy, warm alpaca. that is a GREAT yarn to make a hat for the those losing their hair. it'll be super duper warm, and oh so soft.